Have you heard about the new Western Leisure Services centre opening in Werribee? One look at the fantastic water slide, and you just know it’s going to be good! WynActive gives us the lowdown on their swim programs for everyone from infants to adults. Read on:
Aquatic education for ALL
Water safety and learning to swim are essential life skills that provide individuals with the confidence and skills to enjoy aquatic environments and activities.
At WynActive, we are committed to providing programs and services that:
- focus on the needs of our customers
- are delivered in a professional manner
- are excellent and memorable
- achieve desired outcomes
- are of a high quality.
The following outlines the different elements that will be included in our learn-to-swim classes:
- a fun and exciting learning environment
- quality and innovative programs
- a dedicated team of AUSTSWIM qualified swim teachers
- small class sizes
- a brand new facility
- ongoing assessments.
Learn to swim
Our swim school caters for students aged from 6 months and all abilities, with classes available across a seven-day week.
The learn-to-swim groups are:
- Infants: 6 months to 3 years
- Preschool: 3 years to school age
- School age
- High school
- Access and inclusion
- Non-competitive squads: junior and senior ages.
SwimFit squad training is for those who wish to improve their fitness or cross-train for other sports. This is a non-competitive program and you need to be competent in the four competitive strokes to enrol.
Benefits of a swim school membership at WynActive are:
- students have access to the aquatic facilities for the whole 52 weeks of the year. (includes waterslides and play park)
- a responsible person over the age of 16 that accompanies students has free access
- membership entitles students and responsible persons access to the Werribee Olympic Outdoor Pool (seasonal access).
We will also be offering a variety of clinics, programs and activities designed to keep the children occupied and engaged during the school holidays.
These may include:
- diving clinics
- swim intensive program – a five- or ten-day program to fast-track your child’s swimming development
- starts and turns
- specialist clinics
- private lessons
- all-day holiday recreation program
- water sports
Our school swimming program is tailor-made to suit the school’s needs. Students attending with their school will experience learning across all aspects of an aquatic program, with a focus on teaching skills in water safety, water confidence and stroke development.
Health and fitness memberships
Early-bird Membership specials for Wyndham City’s redeveloped Leisure Centre are on sale NOW!
Memberships are on sale at the Wyndham City Civic Centre at 45 Princes Highway, Werribee. Look for the WynActive signs in the reception area.
An All-access Membership also gives you entry to three sites:
Indoor Aquatics, Gym and Events – Derrimut Road, Hoppers Crossing
Indoor Courts and Gym – Ballan Road, Werribee
Outdoor Pool – Watton Street, Werribee
Visit www.wynactive.com.au for details.