Healthy Cereal Snacks
I'm forever on the lookout for healthy snacks – both for myself and my toddler – and it's pretty hard to find delicious snacks that are not full of sugar. So, I had a go at making my own recipe, and the result was pretty good! These snack balls are full of fibre, low in sugar, fat free, and best of all, yummy! You can experiment with your own favourite dried fruits, such as sultanas, apricots or figs. I think it would also be yummy with some rolled oats in the mix.
Author: Eden Cox
Recipe type: Snack
Serves: 18 balls
- 6 Weetbix, crushed
- ¾ cup of desiccated coconut
- ½ cup of dried dates
- ¼ cup of boiling water
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Put all the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl, and stir well.
- Add the boiling water and mix thoroughly so it's well distributed in the mix.
- Microwave the honey until it is hot and runny, and add to the mixture, stirring well to combine.
- Scoop large spoonfuls of the mixture and use your hands to compress into balls (squeeze them firmly so they don't fall apart. If they won't hold together, you can add a little more honey)
- Place the balls onto a tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake at 200 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.