My little one is a very independent eater who hates food being shoved in his mouth. For him, finger food is the way to go. I am constantly on the look out for recipe ideas that make it easier for him to handle and eat his meal. These healthy bites that are packed full of veggies, are easy to make and to store. They are also good to take out in a lunch box for food on the go.
They contain no egg for binder, which means that they do need a little longer in the oven. If they are still a bit wet when you take them out of the oven; pop them back in again with the oven down really low. The moisture content in steamed pumpkin can vary so it may take a bit of trial and error. They will be worth the wait.
- 2 cups of steamed pumpkin drained
- 1 cup of steamed and drained kale
- 1 small sweet potato peeled, diced and steamed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 tablespoons of finely chopped chives
- 2 cups of flour (I used gluten free flour)
- ½ cup grated cheese.
- Combine all the ingredients together.
- Stir until it resembles a loose soft dough. You might need to add more flour if it is very runny.
- Spoon the mixture a 12 cup muffin tray.
- Bake at 170 degrees for 45 min.