The recent hot weather has made plain yoghurt, straight from the fridge, a real favourite with my 6 month old. To make every meal a hit, I’ve devised a number of baby recipes (both sweet and savoury) that incorporate yoghurt. This yummy, refreshing snack is great for babies starting to move on from smooth-as-silk purees to slightly chunkier fare. I added a tiny sprinkle of cinnamon for a bit of added flavour.
- 2 tablespoons cous cous, made according to the package
- 2 tablespoons apple puree
- 1 tablespoon of full-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- Tiny sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Place the cous cous into your baby's bowl and top with the pureed apple. Finish with the yoghurt and add a tiny sprinkle of cinnamon.
- For a refreshing summer treat, serve cold from the fridge. For a warming snack in winter, you can stir the apple puree into the cous cous and heat briefly in the microwave (of course, checking that it's not too hot) before adding the yoghurt.