Who says kids don’t eat greens? Well, so far, at six months, we haven’t had a problem, but I’m not gloating just yet! I do, however, like to credit this delicious and easy puree recipe with providing a great early introduction to the joys of the green vegetable. Let’s hope it continues to please!
- Small handful of green beans
- Small handful of spinach, thoroughly washed
- ½ medium zucchini, sliced into thick rounds
- ½ cup of frozen peas
- Small handful of broccoli florets
- Add about an inch of water to a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Place the asparagus, broccoli, beans and zucchini into a steamer basket, cover and steam for 5 minutes, then add the spinach and frozen peas.
- Steam for a further 5 minutes until all the vegetables are very tender, then process into a smooth puree using a blender or food processor. You might need to add a little water to achieve a smooth consistency.
- Serve lukewarm. Easy peasy!